We Are Here When it Matters Most
According to CNN, “about 78 million Americans are currently under a winter weather alert and more than 27 million are going to bed under a hard-freeze warning”. The weather system that developed in the southern part of the country, with particularly high impact in Texas, is moving through the mid-Atlantic and east coast bringing snow, ice, and rain with it. At SERVPRO®, We are Here to Help® - our storm team has been activated and hundreds of crews are on standby to assist communities in need 24/7.
Our Highly Trained Teams Are:
- Experts in water, fire, and mold restoration
- Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certified (IICRC)
- Recommended by most insurance companies
- Faster to any size disaster
- Utilize advanced water inspection, extraction, and drying equipment
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Don't wait for a storm to hit to respond to water damage and have an emergency response plan in place just in case.