Defending Against Mold Growth
A water damage can result in visible mold growth in as little as 24 to 48 hours, under certain conditions if not properly mitigated.
- Keep humidity between 30 to 60 percent
- Provide for proper drainage away from building foundations
- Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks
- Keep gutters and drains clear of debris
- Inspect the roof, windows and other areas where water might enter the building, and perform necessary maintenance
- Respond to all water intrusions immediately
- Contact your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professional for assistance after a water damage or if you discover mold
Not only does mold have the ability to deteriorate your home but it can also have horrible affects on your personal health. Make sure to reach out to your local SERVPRO if you are facing mold and mildew issues.
"Like it never even happened."