Recent Community Posts
Waltham Hawks Varsity Football
Looking for something to do Saturday afternoon 9/21? Come out and support the local high school football team at Leary Field for their 4 PM matchup.
The Waltham Hawks look for their first win of the season when they take on Westford Academy at home 4 P.M Saturday afternoon 9/21. This will be the second game of the year for both teams as they both seek their first win.
The Hawks are looking to bounce back from their week 1 trouncing at the hands of the Newton North Tigers.
The Waltham Hawks will be on the road for the first time Saturday 9/28 when they take on Newton South High School.
Waltham Day 2019
Looking for something to do this weekend? Stop by the Waltham Common this Saturday 9/14 for food, vendors, children rides, dancing, music and much more!.
610 Main Street. Waltham Common
Saturday September 14th 2019
12 PM to 4 PM
Event will take place Rain or shine
Another fall celebration in Waltham common.
Come and join the fun.
Advice for the Fall season
With Summer unfortunately in the rearview mirror, it is time for homeowners in New England to prepare and brace themselves for the cold and unpredictable northeast weather.
The hot summer weather is behind us and with that being said, here are some valuable tips for New England homeowners this fall season.
1. Clean your gutters and roof because clogged leaves and sticks can lead to potential problems. Leaves and sticks getting stuck in the gutters can lead to further damages and the damages may be challenging to repair.
2. Check and make sure your heating equipment is up to date and fully-functional. There will be nothing worse on a cold fall day than turning on the heat in your house only to have it be defective. Same goes for your fireplace if you have one. Before it gets too cold double check and make sure your fire place is in good working order. Being on top of all this may even save you some money on your energy bills.
3. Last but certainly not least, make sure your smoke and carbon-dioxide detectors work. If you haven't done so recently, replace the batteries and make sure the power light is on. These detectors ensure the safety of everyone in your house and should most certainly not be overlooked.
Samantha's Cheesy Baked Mac & Cheese
Photo from Serious Eats
Office Administrator and Marketing Coordinator Samantha knows her way around the kitchen since her mother is a chef. Samantha loves cooking, eating soul food and sharing it with others. Besides, who can turn down a great baked mac and cheese?! Check out this yummy recipe!
1 package of macaroni elbows
2 tablespoons of butter
1 can of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 cups of milk
2 cups of Kraft shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 cups of Kraft shredded Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
Salt and pepper for taste
Breadcrumbs optional for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish
- In a large pot of salted water, boil macaroni for 7 mins and then drain in strainer. Then move macaroni elbows into 2-quar baking dish
- In a medium pot on low heat combine melted butter, 1 can of cream of mushroom, 1 egg and 2 cups of milk. Stir until all ingredients are smooth. Then add in 1 ½ cups of Sharp Cheddar Cheese and 1 ½ cups of Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- When sauce is completely whisked together, empty into 2-quart baking dish containing macaroni. Stir the mixture evenly so all macaroni becomes cheesy
- Using remaining cheese, spread over the top of the dish
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 mins
- Enjoy your cheesy baked mac and cheese!
Kristen's Simply Amazing Bar Cookies
Photo Compliments of Eagle Brand Recipes
I like to call these bar cookies simply amazing because they are simple to make and the end result is amazing. These treats are so versatile and indulgent. You can top these bars with a variety of toppings such as candies, chocolate, coconut and nuts, or all of the above. Be creative and try out all of your favorite combinations to satisfy every sweet tooth you know.
1 ½-2 cups Graham crackers or crumbs
1 can condensed milk, I prefer Eagle Brand®
1 stick of melted butter
Toppings of your choice
Preheat oven to 350°
Spray bottom of 13x9 glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
Crush graham crackers to a preferred texture or use pre-crushed crumbs.
Mix crumbs with melted butter and press mixture into the bottom of baking dish.
Drizzle top with condensed milk, allowing it to spread evenly over the mixture.
Top with your choice of toppings. My kids love chocolate and butterscotch chips.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Using a pizza cutter, cut the cookies into bars.
Store left over cookies in refrigerator.
Team Bedford for the win, AGAIN!
Team Bedford, lead by marketing rep. Amanda Aiken.
Saturday, July 23
Team Bedford & Team Lexington went head to head in a softball tournament to see which team would win the trophy for the 3rd Annual SERVPRO Softball Event.
Local business owners, supportors, and sponsors came out to play Saturday morning bringing non perishable food items to donate to our local food pantry. This is our third year putting together a softball event and every year they just keep getting better. Last year Team Bedford won the trophy and this year we would like to say congrats to Team Bedford on being the victors, they were lead by Marketing Representative and Team Captain, Amanda Aiken! Team Bedford won 15-5. Better luck next year Team Lexington. We already can not wait for next summers tournament, will Team Lexington finally defeat Team Bedford? Stay tuned.
Team Watertown are the Champs! Now it's just up to team Lexington to take home the trophy on 7/23/16
Team Watertown takes home the winning trophy
Satuday, July 16
Team Watertown and Team Waltham from our Waltham/Weston/Watertown/Wayland franchise went head to head in a softball match at Arsenal Park in Watertown to see who would take home the Softball Champion Trophy. The victor's this past weekend were Team Watertown! Congrats team! Our Marketing Representative's Vanessa Vicente and Amanda Aiken were the team captains who lead their team to victory. It was a great turn out last weekend especially for it being our first annual Waltham vs. Watertown game. Can't wait for next year.
Saturday, July 23
We will be hosting our 3rd Annual Lexington vs. Bedford Softball game at Springs Brook Park in Bedford. Last year team Bedford took home the trophy, this year will it be team Lexington? May the best team win! Stay tuned.
Little Red Heaven
Valentine's Day Little Red Heaven
Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease baking sheets
Combine in a large bowl:
Red Velvet Cake Mix
1/3 Cup Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons of Lemon Juice
Blend with a wooden spoon until smooth
Combine in a small bowl
8 ounces of cream Cheese
1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
Blend until smooth
Shape dough into 1 inch ball
Flatten in the palm of your hand
Dab cream cheese into the center of the dough
Roll the dough so it goes around the cream cheese and reforms into a ball.
Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets
Bake 8 to 9 minutes, until the edges are set.
SERVPRO of Lexington-Bedford's 30th Anniversary Party
Please celerbrate with us!
September 9th 2014
Double Tree Hotel - Bedford
5:15pm to 7:15pm
The Taylor Family purchased the franchise in 1984 with the goal of helping people with homes or businesses that had fire, water or mold damage. " In the past 30 years we are proud to have helped thousands of customers "