Recent Community Posts
Tips and Advice for Safety this Holiday season
It's officially the Holiday season. Many of us love Christmas and setting up Christmas trees but what some people don't know is Christmas trees can be a serious fire hazard. Here are some tips to help avoid a potential disaster with Christmas trees.
1. The first piece of advice to avoid a disaster with your Christmas tree is to double-check and make sure the electrical distribution and lighting equipment at your home or office is not faulty. According to the National Fire Protection Association, (NFPA) these are the reasons Christmas trees catch fire 45% of the time.
2. 20% of the time a Christmas tree will catch on fire because a heat source such as a candle was too close to the tree. So always make sure heating equipment and candles are never too close to a Christmas tree. Try to keep at least 10 feet of distance.
3. Finally, do not intentionally set a Christmas tree on fire. The NFPA reports that this is the root cause of 20% of Christmas tree fires. Whether you think doing this is fun and amusing, or doing it just to do it, well, don't. This can destroy your home and injure you and others.
Take all this advice to heart because the last thing you want this holiday season is a house fire.
Stay safe and enjoy the Holidays.
Samantha's Cheesy Baked Mac & Cheese
Photo from Serious Eats
Office Administrator and Marketing Coordinator Samantha knows her way around the kitchen since her mother is a chef. Samantha loves cooking, eating soul food and sharing it with others. Besides, who can turn down a great baked mac and cheese?! Check out this yummy recipe!
1 package of macaroni elbows
2 tablespoons of butter
1 can of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 cups of milk
2 cups of Kraft shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 cups of Kraft shredded Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
Salt and pepper for taste
Breadcrumbs optional for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish
- In a large pot of salted water, boil macaroni for 7 mins and then drain in strainer. Then move macaroni elbows into 2-quar baking dish
- In a medium pot on low heat combine melted butter, 1 can of cream of mushroom, 1 egg and 2 cups of milk. Stir until all ingredients are smooth. Then add in 1 ½ cups of Sharp Cheddar Cheese and 1 ½ cups of Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- When sauce is completely whisked together, empty into 2-quart baking dish containing macaroni. Stir the mixture evenly so all macaroni becomes cheesy
- Using remaining cheese, spread over the top of the dish
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 mins
- Enjoy your cheesy baked mac and cheese!
Kristen's Simply Amazing Bar Cookies
Photo Compliments of Eagle Brand Recipes
I like to call these bar cookies simply amazing because they are simple to make and the end result is amazing. These treats are so versatile and indulgent. You can top these bars with a variety of toppings such as candies, chocolate, coconut and nuts, or all of the above. Be creative and try out all of your favorite combinations to satisfy every sweet tooth you know.
1 ½-2 cups Graham crackers or crumbs
1 can condensed milk, I prefer Eagle Brand®
1 stick of melted butter
Toppings of your choice
Preheat oven to 350°
Spray bottom of 13x9 glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
Crush graham crackers to a preferred texture or use pre-crushed crumbs.
Mix crumbs with melted butter and press mixture into the bottom of baking dish.
Drizzle top with condensed milk, allowing it to spread evenly over the mixture.
Top with your choice of toppings. My kids love chocolate and butterscotch chips.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Using a pizza cutter, cut the cookies into bars.
Store left over cookies in refrigerator.
Team Bedford for the win, AGAIN!
Team Bedford, lead by marketing rep. Amanda Aiken.
Saturday, July 23
Team Bedford & Team Lexington went head to head in a softball tournament to see which team would win the trophy for the 3rd Annual SERVPRO Softball Event.
Local business owners, supportors, and sponsors came out to play Saturday morning bringing non perishable food items to donate to our local food pantry. This is our third year putting together a softball event and every year they just keep getting better. Last year Team Bedford won the trophy and this year we would like to say congrats to Team Bedford on being the victors, they were lead by Marketing Representative and Team Captain, Amanda Aiken! Team Bedford won 15-5. Better luck next year Team Lexington. We already can not wait for next summers tournament, will Team Lexington finally defeat Team Bedford? Stay tuned.
Team Watertown are the Champs! Now it's just up to team Lexington to take home the trophy on 7/23/16
Team Watertown takes home the winning trophy
Satuday, July 16
Team Watertown and Team Waltham from our Waltham/Weston/Watertown/Wayland franchise went head to head in a softball match at Arsenal Park in Watertown to see who would take home the Softball Champion Trophy. The victor's this past weekend were Team Watertown! Congrats team! Our Marketing Representative's Vanessa Vicente and Amanda Aiken were the team captains who lead their team to victory. It was a great turn out last weekend especially for it being our first annual Waltham vs. Watertown game. Can't wait for next year.
Saturday, July 23
We will be hosting our 3rd Annual Lexington vs. Bedford Softball game at Springs Brook Park in Bedford. Last year team Bedford took home the trophy, this year will it be team Lexington? May the best team win! Stay tuned.
Little Red Heaven
Valentine's Day Little Red Heaven
Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease baking sheets
Combine in a large bowl:
Red Velvet Cake Mix
1/3 Cup Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons of Lemon Juice
Blend with a wooden spoon until smooth
Combine in a small bowl
8 ounces of cream Cheese
1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
Blend until smooth
Shape dough into 1 inch ball
Flatten in the palm of your hand
Dab cream cheese into the center of the dough
Roll the dough so it goes around the cream cheese and reforms into a ball.
Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets
Bake 8 to 9 minutes, until the edges are set.
SERVPRO of Lexington-Bedford's 30th Anniversary Party
Please celerbrate with us!
September 9th 2014
Double Tree Hotel - Bedford
5:15pm to 7:15pm
The Taylor Family purchased the franchise in 1984 with the goal of helping people with homes or businesses that had fire, water or mold damage. " In the past 30 years we are proud to have helped thousands of customers "