Mold Remediation of Kitchen
SERVPRO of Lexington-Bedford inspected the kitchen of an occupied single family residence built in 1987 for visible microbial growth in which the cause of loss was a long time baseboard heater leak on the second floor that had traveled down into the kitchen through the walls on the main level. The water affected the ceiling, walls, cabinets, and flooring in the kitchen.
SERVPRO setup containment in the kitchen as to keep the bacteria from reaching other parts of the home and then an Air Filtration Device was installed to collect airborne microbial spores, bacteria, and particulates. SERVPRO removed the remaining upper cabinets and lower cabinets to access the wet double wall behind the cabinets. Once the affected building materials were removed, the visible microbial growth was remediated, the stud walls and cabinets were cleaned and a botanical anti-microbial was applied. SERVPRO proceeded to dry the structure using LGR dehumidification and axial air movers for evaporation, monitored daily. The drying exceeded three days due to the bound water in the sill plates. Once all building materials reached a dry standard the drying equipment was removed and the flooring cleaned. All work was performed by IICRC certified technicians, and in accordance to the IICRC S500 and S520 Standards.