If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (781) 861-0500

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Electrical Fire in Wine Room of Lexington Home

SERVPRO responded to an after hours emergency fire damage in which the cause of loss was an electrical malfunction in the wine room located in the garage. Heavy smoke filled the entire house and soot was recorded in all rooms in the basement and main level. The front door was damaged as it had been kicked in by the firemen.


SERVPRO setup drying equipment to dry the wet garage from the firemen and installed (2) 2000 CFM HEPA filtered AFDs (Air Filtration Devices) to improve air quality and collect airborne PICs (Particles of Incomplete Combustion). SERVPRO then cleaned the entire structure and contents in the basement and main level. The residence was deodorized several times as there was a lingering smoke odor in the (2) bathrooms and garage. The policyholder was in Florida but returned home and informed David Taylor from SERVPRO that they were happy with the cleaning.